Primary schools receive specific funding from the government to improve physical education (PE) and sport. The number of pupils on roll determines the total fund a school receives. The school decides how to use it to best improve provision in this subject.
Possible uses for funding could include:
- hiring qualified sports coaches to work with teachers in PE
- engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4life clubs
- paying for additional training for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release teachers for this training
- running sports competitions or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games Mark
- buying quality assured sports training materials
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools
Our 2020/2021 Sports Premium Evaluation below shows how we used the funds in the last academic year and how we assess its impact.